Monday, May 26, 2014

Like a Virgin

In case it wasn't clear, this is my first post on my first blog. Ironically, I am coming up on eight years of unintentional celibacy, so the title covers it all. The latter is depressing, but all in good time. Like Heinz Ketchup, good things come to those who wait. In the meantime, I've got "Shades of Gray", and I realize I've just shared much more info than any of you care to know. Apologies. Moving on...

Another anniversary I'm approaching is the 15 year anniversary of being diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis; more specifically Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction. My health history is a clusterfuck of incorrect diagnoses, unnecessary tests, surgeries, procedures and lots and lots of pain. There hasn't been much huge change in the physical realm, but in terms of my emotional and spiritual health, I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere.

I have realized that there will always be physical challenges in my life, which then effects everything else. However, with this post I am creating a contract with my spirit to stay positive, to stay focused on wellness and to achieving what I have ALWAYS wanted; to write my own book. As I work on completing that huge project, I'm using this blog to get my feet wet, to get my name out there and to share my ideas on the definition of wellness, the nature of disease and the process of paying it forward.

Live and love with hope in your heart and mind! I pray God blesses us all....  Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment