Friday, September 26, 2014

The Day that Hope Woke

Two weeks ago today, I went into major surgery under the care of hope-to-the-hopeless-physician, Dr. Steven Steinberg. When I woke up, I felt hope around and inside me. I remember looking at my mom and beaming peace. It was coming out of every pore. I could feel it almost like electricity running though my veins. I was still in and out of consciousness, but I was certain of one thing. September 12, 2014 was the day that my hope woke up.

I looked into my mind's eye and saw something that I haven't seen in a long time; a silver lining. With every day that passes, my faith in a future of less pain is validated yet foreign. I'm almost afraid to believe, lest I jinx it not to occur. In the past, the pattern has been one step forward, two steps back. However,  in my heart, I feel like maybe now it's OK to believe. It's time to put that pattern behind me. After all, Hope is awake now.

No comments:

Post a Comment